Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Finally back to my alphabet series

Saint Barbara


I like to call this series, 'Saints on 7.25 X 9.75 Paper', but, 'The Alphabet Series' works just as well. The last ones I did were all the way back in August! St. Agnes and St. Anthony. But I'm back with the series. I hope you enjoy following along with me as I draw the saints from A to Z.

My sister, Miss K is SUPPOSED to be doing biographies on all of these drawings in this series, but she is a little behind.

 So just a little information I found on St. Barbara,

-born mid-third century in Heliopolis, Phoenicia.

-after Barbara became Christian, denouncing her father's Pagan beliefs, her father got angry and she was tortured.

-She later was beheaded by her father and became a martyr.

The Next Saint will be St. Benedict

I will have the A's done, the B's done, and the C's done. But there is only one problem - there is only enough paper to do Saint Benedict and one of the D's. - It may be awhile until I finish this series!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment, Critique, or Criticize