Monday, November 30, 2020

Imaginary Landscape

 

The Idea


It started off with a sketch, a preliminary idea to map out before beginning the final drawing. 

In other words - An idea popped into my head, "I'm going to draw a kitchen." So I drew a kitchen. "Oooh, I like it." "No, not quite." I flip the page to start over, still with a kitchen in mind. "No, no, no, it's just not right." Erase! Erase! Erase! Erase! Erase! Erase! I try again! "Nope!" Erase! Erase! Erase! Erase! Erase! Erase!

Then another idea comes to mind. I flip the page to start over, still with a kitchen in mind, but floating on the lake. "No, no, no, it's just not right." Erase! Erase! Erase! Erase! Erase! Erase! I try again! "Nope!" Erase! Erase! Erase! Erase! Erase! Erase!

Then another idea comes to mind. I flip the page to start over, still with a kitchen in mind, but with steps going nowhere. "No, no, no, it's just not right." Erase! Erase! Erase! Erase! Erase! Erase! I try again! "Nope!" Erase! Erase! Erase! Erase! Erase! Erase! ""Oh no, I ripped the paper, too much erasing!"

"I think I'll stick with the kitchen on the lake."



I did some more sketching to get the right view on the bigger paper, which took a while. And below are some pictures I took as I progressed through with my art.

In-Progress Pictures





And there you have it, an imaginary landscape - right from my mind. 
Done with colored pencils on 14 X 17 inch paper.

Thank you for reading this post

I hope you enjoyed the journey through this piece of artwork, comment below with other ideas or with a standard comment.

2 comments:

  1. I really like how this turned out. Can tell you put a lot of work into it.

    ReplyDelete

Comment, Critique, or Criticize