Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Egg-Squisite

A Value Eggs-ercise



This week in art class I am learning how to add value to my art … I kind of already know how to add value, so maybe it's just another value eggs-ercise for me. It is very egg-citing - like every piece of art.

The reason for these Egg-cellent jokes - 

I am drawing an egg - that's egg-sactly why.

The first eggs-ercise was to draw or shade a value scale.

Just a visual of how shading works, going from light to dark - Photography = light drawing

When applied to a pencil drawing we get different values created with different pressure from the pencil.

And then the egg!

A progression of the egg being shaded and value being applied.








And that is the egg in its finished stage, full of value. Hopefully you can tell it is an egg. 
Isn't it egg-tastic!

Thank you for viewing this post!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment, Critique, or Criticize