Wednesday, February 24, 2021

A Painting!

 It's been a while since I've done an Oil Painting!


Here is a slideshow of some pictures I took while in the midst of creating this parrot. I started with a sketch on the canvas, from there I moved on to acrylic paint for an undercoat, and finally, oil paint was the last coat. The photos with the oil paints really got lots of glare, so I'll have to try and get a better picture of it sometime.

I hope you like the parrot. It's a blue and gold macaw, or a blue and yellow macaw, whichever you prefer. Macaws are types of parrots, put not every parrot is a macaw. Here are some more random facts about macaws.

-    There are roughly 20 species of macaws, many of which are endangered and critically endangered. -    Macaws are long-lived, living for as long as 60 years in the wild. 
-    Like other parrots, they are very social birds, often living in flocks of up to 30 birds.
-    Macaws, like other parrots can talk and mimic human speech.



Envelope Drawing

I also had time to draw on a few envelopes.


This one I wrote a letter to a stranger, anyone can open this one if they can find it.


Here is a USPS mail truck.


This last one is some butterflies for one of my sister's letters.

Thanks for reading this post.








2 comments:

Comment, Critique, or Criticize