Thursday, April 1, 2021

I'm back with another drawing ...

 Another Oil Pastel



It's been a little over a month since my last post. I've had this drawing done for quite a while now, but haven't gotten around to posting it to the blog. It is another oil pastel like my drawing of the Immaculate Heart of Mary picture I did in January.
The face and hands are done with Prismacolors, the rest is oil pastel.

This one is Christ the King.

I think it turned out really well except for the hands, for me hands are tricky to draw with colored pencil.

Here are some photos:






Here are both of my Oil Pastel Drawings



Which one is your favorite?


My next drawing!

I am currently working on drawing Saint Dominic de Guzman for letter D in my saints A-Z series. I finally got some more paper sized appropriately for the series. 7 by 10 inches, only .6875 square inches less than the original paper which was 7.25" x 9.75", or if you like fractions, 11/16 sq. in. less. But even a little smaller, the 7 x 10 inch paper actually measures short of 7 x 10, unless the ruler I used was inaccurate.

As we approach Easter I will also be doing another egg painting! Woo hoo! I have done 2 in the past two years, so I've decided to keep that series going as well. I'll have to create another page for my egg paintings on this blog so we can have a good spot to view them all. It will likely be another famous painting like the previous years of the Mona Lisa and American Gothic. I haven't decided what painting yet, if you have any ideas let me know with a comment below. 

What famous painting should I paint on an egg this Easter.


Thank you for reading this post.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment, Critique, or Criticize