Saturday, February 15, 2020

S'more dogs...

Nope, I did not roast any dogs. S'more was just 3 letters shorter than "some more."
But I did draw s'more dogs! But I am not sure who they are for. Probably some people that have dogs - the dog market?

I exploded, no no ... I enlarged the two dogs from one image - Magic, the magic of art.

The first dog had big ears! I'm guessing it's some sort of chihuahua - for people that want a small dog, but don't like cats. I've actually seen a dog cat. It looked just like a cat, but BARKED!

The Big-Eared Dog

Drawing fur is a bit tricky, so I did what I could.


The second dog had somewhat big hears, medium-ish and a longer face, just look below and you'll see. 

"Eye" like how the eyes turned out in these pictures - they have depth and realism to them. This dog seems as if he/she is looking for something, maybe his/her long lost friend or his owner to come home and give him bacon, or perhaps their shoe to chew on. You never know unless you imagine, or you actually do know.

The Somewhat Big Medium-ish Dog


Sometimes eye like to start another project to get some variety in, so when I wasn't drawing these two dogs I was working on this picture of Saint Michael.


Eye wasn't sure if this was done yet, so I darkened the background so the light areas would pop out more.


And the picture started glowing, like an angel perhaps. Because the dark background popped the light area out so much.


So I darkened some areas by the wings and added some more value in the lighter areas and this is how it looks now.


And what am I doing next?

- An oil painting.
- A portrait

I have it all sketched out on the canvas so I don't think it will change this time, because it's looking pretty good. Maybe I shouldn't add color then - a painting without being painted - my quickest painting.

No, I'll paint it!

Thank you for reading - until next time - when my painting is finished.

“I draw like other people bite their nails.” Pablo Picasso

"One must always draw, draw with the eyes, when one cannot draw with a pencil." Balthus





1 comment:

Comment, Critique, or Criticize