Monday, February 3, 2020

My new form of Art!

Where is Art & Have I discovered something

It's just amazing where art can be found. Just look around, there is art everywhere.
I've been asked if I could draw a subject that is white - will a white subject show up on white paper? Very good question - as an artist we have to think, what is white?
There are many different shades of white just like any other color. But really when drawing, white will just be a lighter value - if we shade light and add dark shadows with lots of highlights we can produce a subject that appears white - high contrast will allow the subject to pop.

This got me thinking, what if I could make an artwork using no value at all - not visible to the naked eye!

"Incredible!"

Yes, indeed! So I created a piece of work with invisible ink! Wait. Can we still call this art?

Yes, of coarse! Just because we cannot see it, doesn't mean it is not there.

Here it is - I call it Hidden


It's very appealing to the eye. It moves the eye throughout the page very fluently as if nothing were there. It will introduce a new art form: Invisibilium. It will have critics talking from all over. Many of you may wander what it's like to be the creator of a new art form, to become famous - many of you will never know. I'll tell you though - if I knew how to express it. -but I have to give credit to my brother for the idea - (maybe someone has already done Invisibilium art).

My Current Work


My most recent work I am doing for a customer for their wedding gift for someone else. When enough people order my work I can say part of me is all over the world, from land across the sea.
Four dogs! That's a lot of dogs for one household - maybe they have a big yard. If we had four dogs at our house there would be no space to move around - packed like squash in a mason jar.

-The Sketch


Four dogs - a wedding gift


Dog #1


Dog #2


Dog #3


Dog #4 for the finish

This was a fun piece to do, I've done a lot of dogs lately - I think I'm getting pretty good at drawing dogs. It is pretty paw-some. Woof!

Thank you for reading this post.🐶 Comment Below. ⬇️




2 comments:

Comment, Critique, or Criticize