Monday, September 7, 2020

Abstract Line Composition

 ABSTRACTLY ABSTRACT 

Now I haven't really done abstract much ... actually the last time I did abstract was in 9th grade.

Usually artists represent something when doing abstract, like feelings, memories, or something of that nature - But I don't, at least not for this piece. I just sat down, drew some lines, and made some designs.

I only did an abstract because it was the assignment but it turned out to be fun - I've found out over the years that pretty much anything that involves holding a pencil or a paintbrush, or any tool of the artist's trade is fun, relaxing, and just plain enjoyable. (If you've never held a paintbrush or a pencil and you haven't had much fun in the past week or even year - you definitely should give it a try).

Now to get on with the drawing ...
 
in progress Pictures

The beginning

I started off ... I didn't even know where to start - but this is where it ended up after I started.



Not Long after ...

After a few steps I had the color pencils out getting some more medium down on the paper. This piece has a little pencil, a little charcoal, a little pastel, a little sharpie, a little fine liner pen, and a little colored pencil.



A few steps later ...

Yes, Bob Ross appears.



Getting towards the finish ...

Some more color and shading was added ... I guess too much - it's supposed to be a line drawing - I probably added too much value.



And The Final Composition ...


Overall it was a fun piece to draw even though it may be weird - not like the normal pieces I usually draw - but it gets its viewers thinking. It all moves the eye to Bob Ross.

Comment how you like it.

THANK YOU FOR READING THIS POST

AND VIEWING MY ART












No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment, Critique, or Criticize