Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Dogs, Sketches, and a Preliminary Idea ...

I Received Another Request 

And guess what it was ... Yes, more dogs. But first let me share a sketch I sketched. (ha ha)

COVID - 19
It's just a quick sketch, so not much detail or accuracy. It features a man (with a mask) by a cart load of toilet paper (hmm, why would you need that much) being sprayed with Lysol with someone in a hazmat suit. It just emphasizes the craziness that something so small that we can't even see (is it really there?) brings.




And while I was still in sketching mode these past weeks, I created a view of my living room ... well that came after the chair - I was only going to sketch the chair, but it kept expanding - I guess we can't only just sketch one thing, our ideas are always expanding.

After looking at this piece more, it reminds me of one of Picasso's drawings - "Stravinsky" The only reason is because we had to draw his piece in 9th grade art class.

Picasso's Stravinsky 


So I actually got two requests done!

And both of them were dogs ... I've practically drawn a whole pet shop or adoption center - dog place?

The first two dogs were at a cool angle looking down at them.

The second piece is of a dog who recently died.
The top is when it was young and the bottom is
a more recent picture of it.

So here is a gallery of all the dogs I've drawn for people


Yes, I know - I told you I've drawn a lot of dogs. 12 in all, plus the ones I've drawn for fun over the years, not that these weren't for fun though.


And Now The Preliminary Idea

Key word, "IDEA."  I don't have the sketch yet, but it is coming. It should be ready on the next post. And it will be an oil painting! I didn't say I would show you anything, it is a surprise. 

*Plus next post will feature a guest artist. He will showcase his work and tell his unique stories about them. He is very inspiring, like a balloon on a cactus - full of ideas.


Thank you for reading this post! Stay tuned for next post and the guest artist!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment, Critique, or Criticize