Thursday, March 19, 2020

A little extra time to Art :)

That's Strange, they keep lengthening my break - maybe they are adding Spring Art, where you have two extra weeks to draw, paint or do art.

I guess inspiration comes in many forms - requests from others is how inspiration spoke to me this week. My cousin saw my Padre Pio painting and wanted one for herself.

I CANNOT PAINT MULTIPLE PAINTINGS OF THE SAME THING


So I decided to paint a different view of Padre Pio, in this painting he is at mass. This time I tried a undercoat/base coat with acrylic paint just to get some value down.

Acrylic Base 


A monochromatic with browns for the undercoat.

First Coat of Oils


Look how the oils transform those acrylics into a brighter picture.

Finish/Details


Those details really make the finished painting stand out

I've Still Got Another Week To Do Art! :)


I'll probably work on my drawing skills, maybe start a painting or do some small sketches.

Thank you for viewing my art.

- "In drawing, one must look for or suspect that there is more than is casually seen." - George Bridgman

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment, Critique, or Criticize