Saturday, January 11, 2020

Finished Drawing!

Hello again, you're back.

It's been almost a week since I started my still life and I've finally finished. I've added some more detail and a nice dark background to emphasize my subjects a little more. If you scroll down a little you will see some pictures revealing my finished piece.







Look! Here's some pictures.



THE FINAL PIECE!



What Medium Did I Use?

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I used charcoal for this drawing: charcoal sticks, vine charcoal, and compressed charcoal. I just love using charcoal; it gives me rich darks and gives me lots of value - it also absorbs light - so if i'm working under a light or in the sun I don't have to wear my sunglasses from all the light bouncing in my eyes.

What Am I Going To Do Next?

Great question, I'm glad you asked. I have a pretty good idea of what my next piece is going to be.

I really like how it moves the eye - I've never drawn so many spherical shapes in one drawing. I hope you like the finished drawing, 

1 comment:

Comment, Critique, or Criticize