Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Feast of All Saints - Nov. 1st

 November 1st, 2023




Today is the feast of All Saints. And with that, I have another “Podcast Portrait” for you today - my third. I have dubbed this series the Podcast Portraits - For those who have not seen the other two I have added another tab for you to reference on this site called, Podcast Portraits. Linked here - Podcast Portraits Page.

Again, these Podcast Portraits are for the podcast, Divine Office 1960 Rubrics, which can be found on most any if not all podcast places - for instance, Apple Podcasts and Spotify.

This is probably the most detailed drawing I have ever done, and definitely the most people I’ve put in one drawing. I drew this one with pen similar to the Our Lady of Guadalupe drawing I did a while ago.

As always, this drawing started off with a blank sheet of paper, well first an idea. After much thought and consideration, I chose to reference Albrecht Dürer's Adoration of the Trinity. I even contemplated pasting the many saints I've drawn over the past together into one drawing, but I could not get that to work how I envisioned.


It took a lot of time to get all of the saints positioned right on the paper before I even began to detail them with the ink.

- Below is the 'All Saints Progress Collage'

And here is the final drawing.


Thank you for Reading!


- Special comment Contest - Who is your favorite saint?

- I will draw the winner's comment.










5 comments:

  1. I love this drawing. You did a great job on it. It's hard to pick just one saint. I like St. Monica and St. Ann.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! You should read the Restless Flame, by Louis de Wohl. It is about St Monica and St Augustine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a good drawing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! I couldn't have said it better myself. Good day sir!

      Delete
  4. I'm not sure my favorite saint but I like Saint Louis De Montfort.

    ReplyDelete

Comment, Critique, or Criticize